Olympus Corporation, a leading global medical technology company, has announced the market launch of its next-generation EVIS X1™ endoscopy system. This announcement was made in conjunction with the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) annual meeting held in Vancouver, Canada from October 22-24, 2023.
- The EVIS X1 endoscopy system is designed to enhance the visualization of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, aiding in the diagnosis, treatment, and observation of various GI diseases and disorders.
- Richard Reynolds, President of the Medical Systems Group for Olympus America, Inc., emphasized the system’s advanced technologies that aim to improve patient care by allowing physicians to “see more and do more.”
- The system received clearance earlier in the year and is compatible with two endoscopes: the GIF-1100 gastrointestinal videoscope (for the upper digestive tract) and the CF-HQ1100DL/I colonovideoscope (for the lower digestive tract).
- The EVIS X1™ system boasts several innovative features:
- Texture and Color Enhancement Imaging (TXI™) to enhance lesion and polyp visibility.
- Red Dichromatic Imaging (RDI™) to improve the visibility of deep blood vessels and bleeding points.
- Brightness Adjustment Imaging with Maintenance of Contrast (BAI-MAC™) to correct brightness levels in dark areas of the endoscopic image.
- Narrow Band Imaging™ (NBI™) to enhance the observation of mucosal and vascular patterns.
- The system is designed to streamline procedures with features like the touch panel on the CV-1500 video system center and the MyCV mode, which allows physicians to personalize imaging configurations.
- Olympus’ GI endoscopy systems are instrumental in diagnosing and treating GI conditions like acid reflux, ulcers, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, and colorectal cancer (CRC). The new imaging technologies in the EVIS X1 system can assist physicians in better visualizing abnormalities, potentially aiding in the early detection and treatment of these conditions.
The launch of the EVIS X1 endoscopy system underscores Olympus’ commitment to advancing medical technology and improving patient outcomes.