GI OnDEMAND®, a leading multidisciplinary virtual care platform in gastroenterology, has announced a collaboration with GI Psychology LLC. This specialized group practice comprises behavioral health clinicians who are experts in treatments for gastrointestinal disorders. The partnership aims to provide scientifically supported GI psychology services to ACG members and patients with gastrointestinal health conditions across the nation.
- The partnership enhances GI OnDEMAND’s platform by integrating expert gut-brain therapists from GI Psychology, offering valuable care to patients.
- Research indicates that integrative multidisciplinary clinical care is the best approach for patients with disorders of gut-brain interaction (DGBI). However, access to expert GI psychologists is limited globally, emphasizing the need for innovative solutions like this partnership.
- Dr. Ali Navidi, PsyD, co-founder of GI Psychology, highlighted the importance of integrated, collaborative care in local communities and aligning with the ACG’s Treatment Guidelines for DGBI.
- Tiffany Duffing, PhD, co-founder of GI Psychology, expressed gratitude for being part of the movement to change the narrative, emphasizing that effective treatments for gut-brain conditions do exist.
- Besides the GI Psychology services, GI OnDEMAND also offers services from GI expert registered dietitians, genetic testing, counseling services, and evidence-based online education programs.