Dr. Russ Arjal, co-founder and chief medical officer of Telebelly Health, joins The Scope Forward show to discuss the future of gastroenterology and the role of technology in reshaping the field. With a focus on patient-centric care and the integration of AI, Dr. Arjal provides a comprehensive overview of the challenges and opportunities facing GI practitioners today.
Watch this super insightful interview.
- The inspiration and driving force behind the inception of Telebelly Health
- “I had thought about it for a long time, but it really took me until the pandemic seeing that we could take care of most GI patients really well.”
- What is the company about?
- What prevents private practices from independently replicating Tellybelly Health’s model?
- The mindset to start a digital health company
- “I knew my limitations. I gave up my CEO title very early in this.”
- Building the company while continuing day job or being able to to fund to go all in?
- Impact of the GI Mastermind community
- How is Tellybelly Health solving the problem of access to GI care?
- Tellybelly Health’s operational and business model
- “There’s a lot of downstream revenue since most GI practices are making 80% of, the revenue on the endoscopy side.”
- The role of technology
- What frustrates Dr. Arjal about gastroenterology as a space?
- “Patients like Cologuard. 95% I think of patients 45 and up have seen an ad for Cologuard.”
- Why is it really heard to embrace change as a physician?
- What is the future of GI?