GigXR, Inc., a leading provider of holographic healthcare training, has announced a collaboration with the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS Medicine). This partnership aims to introduce a new gastrointestinal module for the HoloScenarios application, designed to enhance the training of medical and nursing students in diagnosing and treating acute gastrointestinal diseases. The HoloScenarios: Gastrointestinal module offers evidence-based clinical simulations featuring hyperrealistic holographic simulated patients and medical equipment, accessible from anywhere globally.
- The module goes beyond traditional virtual reality (VR) training by using mixed reality (MR) to simulate the entire patient journey, offering a more dynamic and varied learning experience.
- The training encompasses everything from taking medical history to performing invasive tests and emergency procedures, allowing students to hone their decision-making and hands-on skills in realistic clinical situations.
- The module was developed in collaboration with esteemed medical professionals from NUS Medicine, specializing in Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery and holographic medical training.
- Associate Professor Alfred Kow Wei Chieh from NUS Medicine emphasized the potential of mixed reality in healthcare training, believing it to be the next step in the evolution of medical education.
- The HoloScenarios: Gastrointestinal module is expected to launch in Spring 2024.